Space Voyage is conceptually based in multiple theories of education and psychology, as well as in curriculum and instructional pedagogy, the art and science of helping kids learn, and andragogy, the art and science of helping adults learn. Dr. Palmere's programs are grounded in a mix of pedagogy and andragogy, meaning appropriate models of instruction are used to help and support student learning, while still encouraging students to take responsibility for strong work ethic, positive thinking, effort and perseverance. Rather than all students working on the same concept at the same time, Space Voyage creates a learning environment that rewards creative behavior, accelerates learning and invites a multi-modal and self-paced achievement for each learner. An Educational Adventure immerses the learner in the skills and attitudes of a specific career area. This type of program inspires, motivates and empowers learning and achievement, while developing a sense of belonging within the group and building awareness towards the joy of learning. Parents often describe Space Voyage as a cross between a good Montessori school (hands-on) and a great theme park (lots to do, and world class, with wow-aha interactive experiences).
Dr. Palmere's teaching model uses the authors below, who provide the foundation for Space Voyage and other Educational Adventures:
* William Glasser's Control Theory, and Control Theory in the Classroom.
* Carl Rogers' Freedom to Learn.
* Paul Torrance's Rewarding Creative Behavior; and, Guiding Creative Talent.
* Howard Gardner's Theory of Multiple Intelligences.
* Bruce Joyce and Marsha Weil's Models of Teaching.
* Anthony Robins' Awakening the Giant Within (NLP); and, Unlimited Power.
* Georgi Lozanov's Suggestopedia and Outlines of Suggestopedia.
* Charles Schmid's The Lind Method of Accelerated Learning.
* Michael Gleb's How to Think Like Leonardo da Vinci.
* John Maxwell's The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership
* Edward de Bono's Six Thinking Hats; and, Lateral Thinking
* Jim Collins' Triumph of Humility; Fierce Resolve; and, Good to Great (Level 5 Leadership)
* Doc Palmere's The Science of Success; Creating High Performers